Sunday, July 21, 2013

Caesar's Forum Update

I restarted my Caesar's Forum project.  I decreased the number of colors of beads that I am using and the result is MUCH better.  And the best thing is that in less than a week, I was able to put in 9 rows. There are 135 rows in this one.  It's only 170 beads wide which is about 8.5".  It's about 9" tall.  

Here is what it looks like now:

Here's what it WILL look like when it is finished:

 So, you can see that the bottom shadows are well under way in my bead weaving.  Looking forward to working on this one.  I can do 2 rows in 45 mins, so this should go pretty fast.  

And sad news about the Red Victorian Lady....I think I am not going to finish her.  12" wide is too much for me to deal with.  I have to make too many changes on the fly.  It's going to take me forever to finish her and I'm not enjoying it very much.  

I'll find something else to work on besides the three off loom projects I have.


Saturday, July 6, 2013

Caesar's Forum Tapestry Bites the Dust

My Caesar's Forum tapestry is biting the dust and I'm starting over.   That pattern was one of the the first photographs of a location that I made.  Since then I've learned a lot about designing patterns from those kinds of photographs.  I think there were too many different colors all scattered around which muddies the outlines of the buildings and makes the shapes unrecognizable.  
SO, I went back to the drawing board and redesigned the pattern.  I'm going to restart the weaving process.