Sunday, July 3, 2011

My new weaving buddy!

Months ago I posted this picture:


This was my best bead weaving buddy.  His name was Boo Boo and he was a Oriental Shorthair, a cousin to the Siamese.  He was 13 yrs old in this picture.  Boo died of cancer about 18 months after this picture was taken.  Boo always raced me to my chair when I made time to do bead weaving.  It was like he read my mind and got to the chair before me.  While I did my bead weaving, he laid at my feet and purred.  I've missed him terribly since he died in early February 2011.  In mid-February,we adopted a 5yr old black cat from a rescue organization here on Oahu.  We named him Merlin and he's a very important part of our family now.  I moved my big 32" Mirrix loom from my craft room upstairs back downstairs to work on a couple of new projects.  Merlin likes the loom and it seems he's going to be my new bead weaving buddy.                            



Check back tomorrow for updates on the Red Victorian Lady, the Caesar's Forum and my two bead embroidery projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment