Sunday, June 5, 2011

Anatomy of A Beadwoven Tapestry

I am going to be sharing the progress of a bead tapestry I started on 28 May.  

This tapestry is 12" by 19.8" and I have 10 rows put in so far.  The design is a woman in a red Victorian dress.  The original image is from a Dover book about Victorian fashion.  I altered the image with my bead software.  I redrew the face and the trim and shape of her dress.  It took a long time to get something I liked and would work for bead weaving.  Below is a picture of the progress I've made so far. 

You have to look really carefully to see that I've finished her foot and very hem of her skirt.

This is what she will look like when she is done:

Check back every weekend for progress reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment